It is a pleasure to welcome Azael "Ozzie" Meza, our 2009 Challenge Course Director, to the Manito-wish community! Ozzie comes to us from his previous job as a Project Director/Program Coordinator with the Lac du Flambeau Natural Resources Department. During his six years in that capacity he visited Camp many times beginning in 2002, when he brought groups interested in environmental education and leadership activities to utilize our wonderful facilities. He is excited to now be working full-time at Manito-wish, where he is no longer a visitor but an integral part of our 2009 staff team. A few interesting facts about this interesting man:
- Born and raised in Guadalajara, Mexico; Came to United States for good at age 23
- Moved to Wisconsin in 1998; decided he liked cold weather
- Moved to the 'Northwoods' in 2000
- Was the Weekend News Director/Production Assistant at Channel12/Rhinelander in 2001
- Married in 2000 to Lisa from Appleton, WI
- Two children: Sylvia, age four, and Stella, age two
- Loves the Porcupine Mountains, Sylvania and his own backyard (Chequamegon N.F)
- Currently lives in Lac du Flambeau
- Has climbed mountains in Mexico!
Ozzie is excited to get the summer started. He has already begun untangling massive piles of ropes and carabiners at the ropes course shed, and has had the opportunity to fill out a maintenance request form, which is fun. Here are three things he's pumped about:
-Seeing Camp running and working at full capacity
-The spring-to-summer transition at Camp
-Paddling with you!
Welcome, Azael, to Camp Manito-wish! We are fortunate to have you working with us.